Fitness centre suffers small fire at Portage Avenue strip mall – Winnipeg

February 11, 2019 - Comment

No one was injured after a small fire at a fitness centre on Portage Avenue Sunday morning. The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service said firefighters were called to the scene of a strip mall in the 900 block of Portage Avenue at about 7:57 a.m. Smoke was coming from the eaves from Valentine’s Fitness and Weight


No one was injured after a small fire at a fitness centre on Portage Avenue Sunday morning.

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service said firefighters were called to the scene of a strip mall in the 900 block of Portage Avenue at about 7:57 a.m.

Smoke was coming from the eaves from Valentine’s Fitness and Weight Loss Centre, so firefighters went inside to launch an attack and the fire was quickly put out.

The building’s sprinkler system helped control the fire before firefighters got there, said the WFPS.

The building suffered minimal fire damage but the business saw extensive smoke damage, they added.

No one was in the building at the time, and the fire was caused by a broken bathroom fan. There are currently no damage estimates.

Global News

Help us improve GlobalNews.ca

© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



Source link

Comments

Write a comment

*